Friday, April 29, 2011

The chicken garden




I started seeds in our house a while back. When they were less tender, I moved them to the green house to live with the chickens. I read about how carbon monoxide from chickens helps plants to grow better.

I placed wire over the hens to protect the plants.

Several days later I found 3 hens had learned to climb through the wire. They ate all the new plants. They also ate down a rose bush in the larger pot in the back. This was sad because it is a start of the wild rose bush from my great, great grandparent's property in West Virginia. I think I was most upset about that. I am hoping it comes back to life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That chicken in the top photo looks pretty proud of himself...naughty little chickens! Yay for the coop getting finished! I too hope your precious rosebush comes back.